Monday, December 3, 2007

Too Much to Do?

This week, as part of my "being coached" activities, I have agreed to examine the thoughts behind my proclivity to require more time than I would like to complete various tasks. This is a good time for pressing into that area as I am feeling the pressure of a lot to do, many tasks with definite delivery times.

Too Much to Do?

This is not a good time
Its not a good place
Must reach down inside
Get hold of his grace

Let go of the weight
Of things to be done
Release the concern
Take hold one by one

Don’t carry it all
Its too much to bear
Each one’s not so hard
Why pull out your hair

Put your mind
On the Lord
Touch his life
Tap his peace

He wants you to know
There is a release
A place of abiding
Where worries do cease

©12/3/07, Glenn Mehltretter

No comments: