Wednesday, December 12, 2007

From enemy to friend

Self doubt

Self doubt is my friend?
It sticks up its head
It says I can’t do it
Would rather be dead

Gets my attention
Says what will they think
You’ll fall on your face
Performance will stink

But I have a secret
A weapon so grand
No longer has fear
A hold on my hand

The weapon is strong
Abides in my heart
Push back the fear
Before it can start

The weapon is love
Abiding within
Drives out the fear
Knows I can win

When doubt comes along
See it as friend!
A gentle reminder
Of love deep within

Turn from that path
Of torment you face
Latch on to grace
And love do embrace

Let love come out
And radiate strong
Reach out from within
Help others along

Don’t do it yourself
But come along side
Of others to help
And love to abide.

©12/11/07, Glenn Mehltretter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

I find my interactions have a different feel about them when I simply care to love.

Unfortunately, I often find myself wanting to impress, persuade, control or to be heard. However, when this is the goal, I have taken on something that is not mine to own, which is others' impression or interaction with me. I cannot control those things and trying to creates tension which influences the interaction negatively.

When you want something from others during an interaction, they sense it and react. Different people will react different ways, but the point being again that something is created that is not good.

So if we can stand confident that we will give what we already have in love and that will be enough, then the only agenda is love. What a different atmosphere this creates.

Landing consulting jobs is so much easier with an only-here-to-love stance. People just hand them to you. This is in contrast to an "I am here to sell you stance".

Easy to say. Hard to practice. Those are my two cents.

Michelle

gmehl said...

Michelle,
thanks for the input. I agree

Its a lot easier to speak about love in a poem

than walk in it ....
home...
with a gnome...

(oh well -- I thought it was easier)...

Glenn