Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The place where we will be as one

I want to take a side trip form my "being coached" focus. As I look at various developmental models there seems to be an overly of seven stages. But then, there is a continuing on from there. I have a number of si-fi series that I enjoy. In the last several years I stumbled on "Star Gate". The background story proposes species living at different developmental levls. At one point one of the key players, Daniel Jackson, has the oportunity to "assend", move to a higher developmental state, and so chooses. Occasionally he visits. Its like Obi-Wan Kenobi speaking into Luke's head.

In Christianity, we speak of Adam as the first man (in this context and throughout I am referring to human kind rather than gender), created in the image and likeness of God. We refer to Jesus as "the second Adam" and also as "the first-born of many breathren." So there is a belief that human kind is progressing on a path to become god kind. Jesus being the originator of all creation, and the author of the path to god kindness.

Conversation

I had a start today in prayer
A thought that had not entered there
I told the Lord I would abide
His agenda far and wide

The thought that followed very next
Was “Lord I want Your presence best”
I went from asking for His plan
To stating my desire grand

Yet Jesus did this very thing
When faced with sacrifice as king
“Please pass this cup I do desire
But first your will into the fire”

The message here is very clear
My God is willing, yes to hear
The thoughts I have from human heart
That tempt me from my perfect part

Is this not oratio* place
To share my thoughts into His grace
And through that conversation come
The place where we will be as one.

©10/26/06, Glenn Mehltretter
*oratio refers to an ancient meditative practice

No comments: