Friday, December 7, 2007

Finding the place of flow

Had a coaching session today that showed that the same issue has been around for a long time. Here are some thoughts from last year, written about the time that the poetry began.

That Place

Early in the morning
I turn my heart to Him
Hoping that this day
A special time with Him.

And frequently it starts
With heart and mind and soul
In fellowship with Him
The grandest peace unfold.

Then the time arrives
To rise from place of grace
And step into the world
Take my current place.

His presence lingers on
Much less than I desire
For I’ve yet to find a way
To abide and not retire.

Lawbeck*, Lawrence**, others
Testify there is a place
Of unbroken communion
And unlimited embrace.

And they agree together
When abiding place is found
There’s very little labor
For His grace indeed abounds.

©9/26/06 Glenn Mehltretter

*Dr. Frank Laubeck who was the foremost leader in world literacy, founder of Laubeck Literacy Foundation wrote "Letters from a modern mystic" one of my favorite books.
**Brother Lawrence, 16 century monk, who’s letters are captured in “Practicing the Presence of God”

No comments: