Thursday, December 27, 2007

Meeting the requirements

My coach has provided evidence that I generally turn inside for answers. That, in it self, is not a bad thing, it can be a good thing. The issue he poses, is that I miss receiving helpful incite from others. What I am missing he calls "external referencing." He says research has shone that external referencing is a prime determinant of resilience. Where "resilience" is related to how well we deal with change. In common language you might say that the people who talk things over with others are better able to adjust to change.

In this context I was considering some potential changes to how I was approaching my business.

Requirements

What are the requirements?
Things that need be done
To carry out the business
Not to lose the fun
To make a contribution
While flowing in your knack
Moving always forward
Not needing to look back
Free from things that pull
Your nature from its place
Free to do the work
You naturally embrace

Alone it never happens
By your-self it can’t be done
It takes a breadth of skills
That seldom rests in one.

©12/27/07, Glenn Mehltretter

No comments: