Sunday, July 27, 2008

Or many years



Thinking about my latter years
Anxious over the poor preparation
Feeling behind the pace of time

Yet from the start
I’ve placed my trust
In the holy God
Deliver us
To save us from our own miss-steps
The important areas we’ve been inept

From early years I had the dream
To walk with God in plans unseen
To live in supernatural flow
Not bound by natural laws
And know – that all is well

With purity of heart went forth
Attending to what I’d been taught
Of trusting in the holy writ
Extremely loyal not to quit

Now looking back o’r many years
Having questions
Near to tears
Seeming little left behind
In contribution
Or work combined

So once again reach deep inside
Ask for wisdom from our guide
Not only for the way to go
But augment us with those who know
What’s needed to complete this show

© 3/28/08, Glenn

No comments: