Monday, January 28, 2008

Some thoughts on the intuitive general

Too much to do?

Is it possible God
That in this state
I might cross over
To a place that is safe

A place of peace
In the eye of the storm
Not yielding to pressure
To worry or morn

So many things
Wanting my say
The intuitive general
Holding the day

“Don’t let it go
“Need some more time
“What of this data
“More hills to be mined

Can you not see
Your building a cage
As the things you must do
Fill up the page

The urgent is pushing
The good things away
Letting them slip
To some future day

The things that do matter
Move further out
Make each day busy
With little clout


The horizon gets shorter
With each passing day
I seem to be holding
The promise at bay

The bondage gets tighter
The thoughts do not work
The ways of the past
Have little worth

So be ye encouraged
The box that your in
Is made for development
Find new ways to win


Oh God of the universe
You ordered things right
Open my ears
To ageless advice

Show me the ways
To reframe what is
That I may pass through
This development quiz

You know that embedded
Deep in my being
The need to contribute
To leave something keen

I’ve stated my case
I’ll say one thing more
I choose to believe
You will open the door.

©1/28,08, Glenn

2 comments:

Heidi Mehltretter said...

I appreciate the truth in your words, both the encouragement and discouragement and the way they don't fail to merge. It is in that merge I find hope.

gmehl said...

Heidi,
Thanks for the encouragement.